You know gurl. I've been on my soapbox for you before. But I may be busy clipping my nails this time. First of all, this font looks like a monkey got aholt of Powerpoint. Is the Haus of Gaga just wasted all the time now? And is this like some play on "Harley-quin"? That would at least be clever. The artwork release was coupled with a line from an album song entitled “Highway Unicorn (Road to Love):”

“Get your hot rods ready to rumble, cause’ we’re gonna drink until we die.”

Now that lyric at least is something I can stand by. According to what I think I heard in a Gagavision recently, Our Lady was saying she created the "Judas" artwork in Word, so a Powerpoint wordart is now really shooting bamboo under my fingernails. You know she's my girl, but this just doesn't cut it. Perhaps this is a fun little hee-haw. I surely hope so.


EDIT:


Interesting. This cover from JUDAS Priest. Hmm. Now hold on Travis Mackey. I'm not done. We know that Our Lady takes inspiration from and gives pop culture nods to those before her. We KNOW that. So this isn't some plagiarism, jocking, idea stealing nonsense. This is who she is. She has repeatedly spoken about her study of fame. I'm starting to see this bigger picture of the dissertation she is delivering on fame. She embodies the idea of pop-culture. Truly, she IS pop culture. She dissects what the means and ways of fame and is making a suit out of it. Or a gown perhaps. So don't get up in arms about how she steals things from other people because she does it with purpose. It's all part of a greater design that I think will come more clear as her artistry progresses.




Over and Out,
CampusQueer