Have you purchased your books queerlings? Next week is the week! And really please don't buy your books. It makes me look bad when I don't get mine and wastes cash you could use for buying hookers. It's been a summer of absolute indulgence and insanity, but I'm quite ready for a brand new semester with fresh faces and spaces. I know you are too. Don't play. It's time for me to clean up, shape up, and put on my Sunday Hat because we're about to take CQ to a new level. More on that later.

Anygay, one thing I really have to shout out to the summer 'mos of Tuscaloosa: You kept the gay alive! It's true. With Icon boldly opening it's doors right as all the twinks and twinknots were leaving town, I myself was concerned with what the scene would be like. And it was the shit. We were a mess. And it's luster still shines with the godly amounts of sweat that poured from our bodies like the gravy vat at City Cafe. We did it. We kept OUR gay ...::ahem::..."alternative" bar alive. So thank you for that. And thank you to our Angel Goddess, Genesis for some amazing shows and the staff who deal with my shit on a daily basis. It's important to keep the queer identity rolling along here. Practice doesn't make perfect. Progress does. I hope I can bring some more progress along myself as well. If you're the young student out there that found a sense of direction on this site, well this whole mess of a blog of mine is for you. I cannot wait to see what we can accomplish with the rest of 2010. I promise to give you more!

With that, CQ is back and hitting the pavement running. . . in heels! I am your public servant. But not in a gloryhole kind of way. Except for Tuesdays. Then it's in the gloryhole kind of way.

Over and Out,
CampusQueer.