Good Monday queerlings! Sleep well I hope? I sure as hell didn't. Nonetheless, I slid out of bed this morning and sashayed my tush across the Quad with a fresh summer scarf and quaff of hair the defies gravity. Just past the squirrel with a gender identity problem and before the second bend, I eyed a character that passes my radar every few weeks on the random occasion. I first came to notice the odd little man at the rec center. I would come to do a quick jog or perfect my downward dog in yoga and would notice him just a-hustlin' around the track with all his little heart or pumping iron in the midst of the beefcake parade. He wasn't beautiful. Hell he wasn't anything. Let's be real.

>>> Now hold on there. Don't get all sassy. I'm going somewhere with this.

As I said, I would occasionally see him at the rec or traipsing across the Ferg plaza and he always seemed determined; always seemed ready to make change in himself. It just so happens that the boy past the tranny squirrel and before the bend was the same boy. But different. Bitch was stacked. Had a nice little chesticle deal going on. He carried a new confidence about him that rivaled even my damn prissy britches. He had found his change. Working hard for a new self-identity had come to fruition. I must say it was inspiring indeed. So I'm sure it's not something you can take the full worth from just my words. Seeing is believing. Take what you can. Starting this new semester, let's make happen what we want to happen. In the words of Perez Hilton's March 23rd Tweet, "Work hard. Dream big. And be so busy that you don't have time to give a fuck what anyone else thinks about you! But, above all, have fun!" Sometimes that mess is worth something I suppose. So it's not absolutely profound, but I felt it was a good start-of-semester tidbit. Now go forth.




Over and Out,
Campusqueer