Back on Gorgas Level 3. Where CQ was burfed.


So it begins again. The CQ site had seen one beginning of a semester thus far, but the start of a new school year entirely is a different story. There's a freshness to it. People you may not have seen for a few months. People you've never seen before. And that sweltering heat matched with an oppressive humidity that makes people just that much more difficult to deal with. My eyes have been peeled, scanning the campus for all sorts of things. I have to say . . . I was not entirely disgusted by my peers as a whole. It's a good thing. Let's discuss high and low points of interest.

Things that made me smile:
> Some instances of great style. The best looks were from black students. They were on point.
> Are the boys hotter? Survey says yes. They are at their prime though. It only goes downhill from here.
> Seeing queers on campus of course. I ran into several of you yesterday. Hope to see more.
> I wasn't overwhelmed and enraged by sorority girl Nike Tempo shorts. And the girls didn't look as dirty.


Things that made me cringe:
> The Ferg at lunch time. Dear Gaga. I'm in the process of designating a place on campus for us to eat.
> Watching the rain come across the Quad. Trying to run from it. Still getting drenched.
> Parking. Done.


That's all that comes right to mind. Feel free to comment if I missed out on anything. You probably won't. Anygay, I'm having lunch with my newest members of the CQ team. That's right. We apparently have a team here now. Gay. We will be discussing plans for the semester and getting the balls rolling. Now what I need from my avid or even slovenly readers is getting the word out to the underlings. You know who I mean. The BabyGays. After all, that is one of the main objectives of CQ; to be a glimpse to what the gay identity is here and a map to fabulosity as decided by my trashy ass. Tragic isn't it? No, not really. I'm convinced some positivity can come from this and that it already has. Where was I? Right, get the word out to your BG's and refer them to the FaceBook page. It builds our community. And be sure to get them out to the Welcome Back Bash at Icon if they're at least 19. And bring yourself as well! We need to pack that place out. Yes, it will be like a crematorium in there. I'm thinking we should secretly go the route of panty party. Hell, I barely wear clothes there on a regular basis. I will see there tomorrow night, but will be in the Ham on Saturday to promote CQ's Absolut Student Mixer! It is NEXT Saturday folks. You must be seen there. Students from colleges across the region will be tearing it up and you have to represent your alma mater right! RSVP and nominate your Absolut Mess of 2010 candidate on the wall. Then be there to see who is crowned! Okay, enough shameless promotion. I'm starving.


Over and Out,
CampusQueer