They are all there -- the cliques that make gay culture just a little bit gayer. We've got our circuit duggies, our sassy snobs and plastic pretenders, muscleheads, fashionitas, guys who just happen to have sexual encounters with other guys, and our shitty, shitty faggots. But recently, I've spotted a trend arising that is in plain view and in no way a marvelous revelation of the human mind, but deserves the attention of my spry fingertips nonetheless. I speak of course of Diva Worship. We've all got our divas for which we will fight tooth and painted nail. Well that's obvious enough but the interesting part is how it creates generations in the gay culture. There's the Cher's,Whitney's, Madonna's, Janet's, Mariah's, Britney's, Beyonce's and most currently, always referred to Our Lady on these pages - the Gaga's.

It's not really complex cognitive science to see how generations cling to the women who make divine mewzaks to please them. I've personally beheld awkward friendly fire between a Whitney and a Mariah. They don't back down. Much like their icons, they sassed and weren't about to back down. The situation was only resolved by an agreement that the two were both some fierce bitches. Luckily, no drinks were harmed in this encounter, but it raised an eyebrow and made me aware how readily even I am to take up and bear arms for Our Lady too. I mean I can jam to some Brit, dance in my undies to a good Madonna remix, and roll around all night to some Janet, but I don't want to fight for them. I will fight for the Gaga and all for which she stands because that is just my generation of gay.

Now I'm sure I could track back the timeline and do a little research for divas throughout the century and their generations of queers they created; persay Barbara, Liza, and all them other wrinkly bitches. Too bad they just aren't relevant to me at this point and I have to jet now queerlings. Apparently you're supposed to attend classes at this university or something. I don't know. That idea is still beyond me. How am I supposed to attend to all my social needs with all this education cutting into my schedule?!

Over and Out,
CampusQueer