So my as my OTHER alter-ego KiDD KRAV!, I threw just a little soiree Thursday night at the 115; a private dinner for three designers and guests. As a major in PR at the Capstone with a vision of event planning as a possibility in my future, it seemed only fitting to put the skills I've learned under the tutelage of a prominent event designer in Birmingham to use. Keeping in mind I was working with limited resources in a dormitory, I was very proud of the way things came together. With soft lighting, a few linens, fresh florals, and a few trips to the store, I was able to create a terrific dining experience to share with friends who are more like family. On the menu we had salads of baby greens, fresh strawberries, sliced almonds, and balsamic vinaigrette; olive oil and bread; roasted red potatoes; a tenderloin stuffed with goat cheese, prosciutto, and basil pesto; and plenty of wine. I absolutely loved getting the chance to do this and eagerly await the next opportunity. Perhaps one day we will see the rise of a CampusQueer sponsored event in the T?



Cocktail table and dinner table after things had already kicked off. 


                                      
The Designers: Kidd Krav!, Travis Mackey, and William Bradley





I think we've all been eagerly awaiting the release of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. Well last night, we loaded up and went to opening night at Cobb since their dumbasses don't understand that this was completely deserving of a midnight premiere showing on Thursday. I'm not exactly the biggest fan of Tim Burton and the way he slightly does whatever the fuck he wants with some of my favorite tales, but the man has an eye for cinematography. The costuming was impeccable of course. The thing that has me wet is the soundtrack though! White Rabbit covered by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals is amazing!




I know Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter is pretty much the main draw for this film, but Anne Hathaway as the White Queen is just splendid and stole the show for me. Personally. And of course  H.B.Carter as Red Queen got the job done. I just was really turned off by the way she took on the legendary line, "Off with their head!" The delivery of that single line is what makes the character, and that's where she lost me. Whatevs. Of course, Misster Mackey and myself found it completely necessary to dress up for the occasion. Indeed, the Mad Hatter and March Hare were in attendance for a mad tea party last night at Cobb Theatre with a more fashion twist to be certain. Heads turned. Photos were taken. 'Twas brilliant and I can't wait for YOU to go see it as well! Now if Lady Gaga would just release the Telephone music video, this would be the perfect weekend. Too bad she pushed the date back. Who would have ever guessed. . .

Over and Out,
CampusQueer