Maybe you've noticed. I've lost the blogging spirit that once inundated your news feeds. I haven't given up though as much as perhaps I've lost direction and inspiration. It takes determination to continue a blog with even just 1-2 posts a week. Especially now that I've ended what used to be my main focus with CampusQueer - Social Life. I know exactly to what my readers responded. Parties and party pictures. No matter what eloquent and moving messages I could craft, these bitches loved to see themselves and others getting trashy. And I don't blame them. It's slightly intoxicating. But it also painted a picture of a gay community alive, well, and together for the ride. Unfortunately, I think I had to excuse myself from the Monster Plantation boat.

You may have noticed or may not or maybe don't really know who the hell I even am. I just don't do it anymore like I once did. Maybe it's too early to tell and I'm just taking a disco reprieve. But club walk-offs and after parties have subsided to dinner and a night in with close friends and maybe the occasional straight bar romp during the week. I used to associate with so many of you, but now keep to a tighter knit group. Which worries me. Is it just me or is the community we have built falling back into cliques? I really don't know. I don't go out enough to know.

But what is true is that I have lost that connective spark that fueled this blog for over a year. The people and the dancing and the craziness inspired many of these posts. So I guess I just have to gather new wind in my sails. If I can't be a strong social voice, I can still be a voice. And what's even more powerful is the idea that I can regain some substance. I know my average visitor wants photos, photos, photos. I've never been shy with words even though I know most blog readers don't want to do any actual reading, but now it's about even more words and ideas.

I refuse to be the average person who starts a blog, posts for a little bit, and then sees something shiny across the room. As they say in the Krewe, "We've gotta push on through!" So CampusQueer is not over. At least not today. If anyone has made it this far, you should either be doing some yard work, paying attention in class, or doing something more extraordinary perhaps. But thank you for reading. I write for the love of writing and the hopes that it reaches someone who needed to hear something as much as I needed to write it.

So what you and I need to glean from all this is simple. The party is never over. It's just a DJ change. If you get that, run with it. If you don't, then just dance. I'll be on the speaker box throwing the glitter of thought.


Over and Out,
CampusQueer