It's been almost a week since we stormed the Bama with a Mardi Gras show unlike any other in the T. I had an amazing experience entertaining all who came and meeting people from all over. The best part is knowing that it all went to the West Alabama AIDS Outreach which makes a difference right here at home for people living with HIV/AIDS as well as raising awareness and offering free, confidential testing.

Before anything else, some people in my life need a huge moment of appreciation. My dancers: Lance Wilson, Steven Fleck, Jon Hart, Cody Flemmings, and Miss Chris Varallo who stepped in a week before the show, worked so hard and dealt with my BS from beginning to end and helped build the performance into what you saw on stage. Travis Mackey, who provided key pieces, kept us on track constantly, and was my stage mother. Robby Johnson and Brian, you kept me together and inspired me to do my absolute best. And thank you to everyone in the MKD who gave me this opportunity to share with them, especially Michele Massey, Ray Taylor, Jill Parsons, Drew Williams, Gil Mobley,  Rick Funk. I love what you guys do!

What was really special was seeing what this night brought out in people. It brought them together with old friends, new friends, people from all over. It gave some people the opportunity to do what they were born to do - perform. And most importantly it was a night for celebrating who we are as a community.


 I hope you were there to share in the revelry! I live for the jello shot throws, Bambi Kira's Lady Marmalade, beads, beads, beads, and the captains' Born This Way walk going nuts with some of my favorite people. I will see you next year and am reserving my spot on the stage should they accept. ;)
My gold lamay booty shorts need another trip 'round the block.



Over and Out,
CampusQueer