Surely by now you have heard about our fine new governer, Misster Robert Bentley. His MLK Day speech? You know. The one where he didn't just hint, or traipse around, or  vaguely slide his eyebrows towards inappropriate religious elitism and isolitionism. That cunt literally said, in his first days as governor of this toddler day care service of a state we call Alabama, "Anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I'm telling you, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother." Oh my Gaga, is this twat for real? We might as well start lining up at the capitol for him to lay hands on us, save us of our sins, charge a tax, and then politely ask us to grease his scalp with hot oils. I believe Wesley Vaughn and his team at The Capstonian said it best without any words at all.




If non-Christians are not his brother or sisters, then surely gays are his elderly grandmother he pulls the plug on when the nurses aren't looking. A mistake right of the bat like this foreshadows many more to come. I believe tomorrow he will be taking the leftovers of Sarah Palin's brilliant publicity team once she has lost her 15 minutes of political fame and goes home to find her daughter in a three-way with Michael Vick and one of his pitbulls. They seem to be right up Gov. Bentley's aisle. So keep a watch queerlings. Don't let him push us back another five steps right under our noses, because God knows he'll try. Literally. He told him last week at tea time. Nonetheless, I have a little tune for Gov. Bentley that I think we all can enjoy.


*Please note I couldn't get The Bird Cage version, but would have preferred it.


Over and Out,
CampusQueer