My word where does the time go? A whole week since posting? Unheard of! Deplorable! Whatever. So I mentioned on the Facebook that interim classes were getting in my way. No lie. 8am-noon on Mondays through Thursday. It can really dampen the spirits of a young socialite as myself, even if it is the absolutely most useful and educating class I have taken this far at the Capstone. I try to ignore my scholarly obligation, however, when the moon shines on my soul and turn up a good bottle of merlot anygay. There's a strange air in town. I feel the emptiness where once so many of my queers were always afoot. No wine wednesdays or parties around every corner is just straight up depressing.

But moving right along, I would like to introduce a little project persay. Last semester there was a heavy theme of the social scene. I wanted to really promote an outward and unabashed identity that was present in the Druid City. We need that. We need to see each other not afraid to be who we are. Someone from Birmingham once argued that there can't be a gay scene in Tuscaloosa and that I only thought that because I was one of the very few who was comfortable with being so out. Now I think CampusQueer, with your help, has disproved that. We went from Guerilla Gay Bar and First Friday once a month, to Gen & Juice once a week, to having our own damn bar again, not seen since the days of yore at Michael's.  I don't know if any of you have realized but that is a HUGE fucking deal. Don't take it for granted. Support your queer events! I'm proud of the progress we are making!

Now back to that little project I mentioned. I want to take the summer to investigate this town and what it has to offer it. Kinda like a travel guide for the T. I want to promote a sense of community too. So beginning soon, perhaps after this horrific interim, I want to bring to you CampusQueer's "What's the 'T'?" It's still all in the works and depends on cooperation from local businesses, but who can deny free advertising? Even if it is directed towards a bunch of loose-lipped queens, jort-wearing lumberjacks, hags, fags, and trannies of all shapes and sizes. We are damn good business I'd say. Stay tuned and let's make this happen. I'll continue to see you OutAbout!

Over and Out,
CampusQueer