Attention queerlings. Pull out those feather boas, glitter bombs, and other various cliche homosexual paraphernalia. It's Pride! Now with the reinstated blessing of President Obama, we are in the throes of Pride Week in Birmingham and the big stuff is yet to come. This Saturday you can be present for the parade from Highland Avenue, through 5 Points South and to 24th St. in downtown Birmingham. Stepoff will be at 8.30pm, but be a little early to secure your spot along the route. Serving as our Grand Marshall will be Rev. JR Finney II, Senior Pastor of Covenant Community Church. Judas be with us. Afterwards, all of B'hams gay bars will be alive with throngs of queers drunk and ready to revel.

And no need to consider your hangover, because Sunday holds even more inebriated possibilities at the actual PrideFest at Sloss Furnace starting at 1pm. I was there last year and I will be honest. It starts off slow. And it's hot as balls. Not gonna skirt around that. The focus early on is more family-friendly performances. But as it starts to get later, the show really gets started with all the fabulous performers Birmingham has to offer. Your Mr (CQ) and Miss Druid (Genesis) will be hitting the stage around 5pm to represent the Krewe of Druids along with Bambi Kira and her brothel of sultry ladies for a reprise of their performance for the Bal Masque, which was the shit. I'm going to be honest. I have no clue yet what I plan on doing with my time. Me doing things at the last minute? Who would have thought? I may or may not pull it together, but either way I plan on letting my drink dance for me. Our big entertainers this year are FLAVA the Artist and Christa Jackson!  After parties of course throughout the night. I will be sure to see you there. Watch out for the CQ logo walking around!

Over and Out,
CampusQueer